This semester in school I have a lot of classes where the content overlaps or applies to other classes. For instance my Special Needs in Education class and my Instructional Design class both overlap and include material relevant to this class, Technology in Education. Let me explain...
Special Needs is a class that teaches us how to teach students with special needs. Instructional Design teaches us how to teach. Recently we have been discussing ways to effecitivally teach to students with special needs in both of those classes. One thing that is very helpful in teaching to students with special needs is the use of technology...which overlaps with this class.
Using things such as an interactive white board and PowerPoint's helps students who have special needs such as Autism. It provides a hands on approach with moving items. I feel excited to be learning in an environment where everything pertains to one another. The things that I am learning in this class, like how to use the interactive white board, are helping me understand some of the things in my other classes. I can visualize the things I would do with the interactive white board to help a student who has special needs.
It is great when everything comes together in a way that makes you feel confident that you really understand the material that you are learning. I feel confident that I understand the basics of how technology works and will be able to use it not only to help special needs students, but all of my students.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great reflection Meghan. It is wonderful to hear that your classes are meshing together as that really provides a powerful learning experience for you. I hope that this is a continuing experience for you as you prepare to be a teacher!
Post a Comment