Tuesday, December 16, 2008

End of Semester Reflection...

When I began this class I was a little indifferent about it. I was excited to be in it because I thought it would be fun. However, I honestly didn't think that I would learn much that I didn't already know. How ignorant of me! My view of the role that technology plays in learning has changed so much!

I now realize things that I wasn't aware of before. My experience in school was one of limited technology. We had overhead projectors. I remember when white boards were the new thing! Our new generations need to have technology incorporated into their learning for them to learn successfully.

Current generations are surrounded by technology. Televisions, computers, video games, cell phones, interactive toys...the list goes on and on. These things are interesting and captivating to children. As educators, we are loosing a great opportunity if we neglect to incorporate these things into the classroom.

Since beginning this class I have become more aware of the use of technology in learning around me. I see when it is used and works well, and I notice when it isn't used and should be. Because of this class, I now feel more confident to use technology in my everyday teaching. I have learned things that I never would have learned without this class. I recommend that every teacher-to-be take a class like this one...it taught me so much and more importantly it helped me feel confident to use technology in my future class.

No comments: