Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Classroom in 5 Years...

What do I think my classroom will look like in 5 years? Honestly, I think it will look much like it does now. I don't think students will be flying to school with jet-backpacks or that pencils will be considered an out of date item (even though jet-backpacks would be lots of fun!).

One major thing I see changing would be the continued ease of using technology. It just keeps getting easier and easier and more available to EVERYONE. I imagine that as a teacher, I will incorporate technology into the classroom and learning more than the average teacher does now. This is only because I grew up in a generation that was beginning to understand and use technology more.

I think that every student will have access to a computer...whether it's in the classroom or in a computer lab. Instead of requiring 3 books for a research project, it might turn into requiring 3 web sources. Teachers will always be invaluable, unable to be replaced. While technology is great and helps kids learn, it cannot replace the compassion and dedication that a good teacher will inspire them with.

I really want to be able to use technology everyday in my classroom. I want to hook up with a school overseas and have some sort of email/Internet phone pen pal program. I want to use photography and video as teaching tools. I want my students to discover and learn about technology by jumping in and using it. Overall, I have positive feelings about the future classroom. It will be like a new model of a car...it's the same as the old just a bit more stylish and with a few more features.

No comments: