Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Word Features

I have the new Microsoft word on my computer. Before, I always used the basic features. I used to be really proud of myself when I could change the color and type of font! Since upgrading to the new word, I have found some features that are really useful to me.

The two new features (they may not be actually new to word, however they are new to me!) that I have been using on a regular basis are the bibliography feature and the table feature. Word keeps track of all your sources when writing a paper and will output it into whatever format you choose. This has come in really handy and worked perfect for my papers that I have written this year.

I use the table feature when I am writing my lesson plans. I make the size table I need and then merge cells or whatever I need to do with it and then it acts as a partition for different information. It has been really helpful and makes my lesson plans easier for me to write and use.

I have found that since I upgraded to the new word I am more apt to experiment with new things. I'm glad I did otherwise I wouldn't have found these new features and my life would still be just a little bit harder. I recommend trying out these features when you are using word the next time!

No comments: