Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gradebook Software...

Tonight in class I had a chance to work with Chalksite. It is an online free grade book software. You can pay for a subscription to unlock more features. I enjoyed the software and found it easy to use.

There were a couple of things that I would like to see different. For example, when you add an assignment and forget to add it to the grade book right then, you can't go back and add it...you have to delete the assignment and start all over. I think it would be much easier to use if I were actually using it for a class. What I mean is that if I really had assignments with criteria and such, then I would be able to get more of a sense of what it can really do.

Overall, I think that grade book software is really important for a 21st century teacher to have. Chalksite is great, especially since it's free and so so simple. I will be adding this to my list of things to remember for my own classroom!

No comments: