Sunday, December 7, 2008

Week 7- Greatest Tech and Teaching clallenge...

My greatest challenge regarding technology and teaching is time. Sadly, this great thing called technology takes time to implement...especially for someone who is just an average technology person. It takes time to learn, time to do, and time to perfect.

I plan to overcome this challenge by continuing my education in technology. It I keep working and experimenting with it now, before I am in a classroom, I am going to have more ideas and feel that there is an ease of use because it will be things that I have experience with. Just as we as teachers write lesson plans and file away ideas for our classroom, technology should be the same way. Things that I am beginning to do now, such as creating my website, I am going to remember and continue to work on. This way, when I beginning teaching in my classroom, the learning of new technology won't be so intimidating.

2 comments:

Miss Rachel said...

Isn't that the truth! It does take time to master all of this! Not to say that it isn't worth it, but you are right, it definitely takes time! Also, if you are somewhat a perfectionist (like me), it takes even longer because everything has to be "just so".

I like your plan on staying up on these techy kinds of things. Continuing technology learning will always be a process I think...especially since technology continues to expand. Great job!

Ms. Horn said...

Thank you for saying this! I feel like I'm the only one who takes FOREVER to perfect my tech. knowlege! It's great to know a way to be encouraged by someone else in the same boat!